Thread: My Onions
View Single Post
Old April 20, 2015   #19
Redbaron
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLJ_ View Post
I thought that perhaps if you'd gotten some of the catawissa that a person here distributed they might be your "steroid" runners, as mine from that source behave as you described, with multiple tiers of bulbils and plants notable taller and more generally bulky -- thicker as well as taller, than the walking onions I had from another source.
It's true I got the catawissa from someone here and the egyptian walkers from a seed company out of Washington state. The problem is I can't remember who. I do remember that when I tried to buy catawissa bulbils online absolutely everyone was sold out nationwide, that's why I had to settle for the normal Egyptian walkers. Then someone here came to the rescue. So I have both now. They are very similar actually, although the Catawissa's seem to be on steroids!

AKA The Redbaron

"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system."
Bill Mollison
co-founder of permaculture

Last edited by Redbaron; April 20, 2015 at 06:41 PM.
Redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote