View Single Post
Old May 5, 2015   #13
sjamesNorway
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
Thanks for the clarification and I think it's best, as you already mentioned, to hopefully see ripe fruits from the dark side, ahemm and the light side, and see what you get. It could well be a simple seed DNA mutation that changes just the leaf color, but I don't know that much about the genes that are involved in that.

Affluent Norwegian Gentry? I don't think Sverre ever became affluent but I really must contact the Rikshospitalet to see if they can contact him for me. Fru Gjestvang? Filthy rich. On the slope going down to the fjord were orchards of this and that, heated greenhouses, lots of gardeners as well. Her home was huge. As we sat at the table that night for dinner she was at one end of that long table and Sverre and I at the other end. There was a bell on the floor that she would use to call for the next course, I don't know how many cooks and maids she had. She did have a driver and at the time I was staying at the Salvation Army Hostel and I loved it when he would pick me up there in that huge black car and take me wherever she thought I should go and visit. I completely forgot to mention that Fru Gjestvangs sister, I think it was, who married Iver Carlson, a brother of my grandmother, her name was, to me, my great Aunt Netta. We trembled when she came to visist b'c she always wore white gloves and swiped them everwhere looking for dust. And I had been given Fru's contact info from Aunt Netta, or possibly by one of her children, Iver Carlson Jr.

Carolyn
Thank you for your interest and advice.

Your experience with the Gjestvangs sounds like something from a TV miniseries. What classic comic situations with the filthy rich lady at the far end of the long table, the aunt with the white gloves, and the chauffeur-driven limousine collecting you at the Salvation Army Hostel!

Sverre Olaf Lie resides at Arne Garborg's Vei 24, 1395 Hvalstad. Telephone: 47 (land code) 66 78 43 41.
sjamesNorway is offline   Reply With Quote