View Single Post
Old June 17, 2015   #1
squirrel789
Tomatovillian™

Default A newbie container gardener could use some general tomato advice

Hello,

Sorry to post the same question in a different thread, but I wonder if the non-container folks with lots of knowledge/experience ever look at the container section too. I could use some advice concerning over-watering vs using too little fertilizer that helps promote blossom/fruit setting. I'm having a blossom/fruit setting issue and am hoping that using Texas Tomato Food will help, despite the growing mix already being plenty moist from lots of recent rain and the constantly high summer humidity where I live in Missouri.

I was hoping that anyone with general knowledge of how tomatoes grow could help me out. I know container growing is different in many respects, but the basics of how the plants respond to nutrients and moisture is roughly the same, right? From what I have searched and read, many people here only check out the general discussion section, and perhaps do not look at issues or questions in the more specific sub-forums.

If anyone is willing to check it out and offer advice/criticism it is very much appreciated. My main question is in post #6, but any and all comments on the topic are appreciated. The thread is here:

http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=37057

I'm very sorry if it is taboo to plug a thread from a sub-section in the "general discussion" area, since it basically poses the same question in 2 sections at once Please let me know and I will gladly delete this post and refrain from doing so in the future if this is not forum friendly (this is the first forum I've ever joined, so I'm admittedly new to the particulars of forum etiquette). I truly appreciate all I have learned here on TV (saying I've learned a lot is a massive understatement!) and I certainly don't want to break any forum rules or be annoying.

Thanks for any advice anyone can offer!
squirrel789 is offline   Reply With Quote