Thread: Fig tree in MA
View Single Post
Old June 17, 2015   #5
Starlight
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnkrer View Post
I want to plant one or more fig trees. I plan to keep them in container first 1-3 years until the tree gets large enough and then plant it in ground.

My goal is to have enough (100+) tasty/ripe figs every season. I am ready to work and wait for 3-5 years to reach that goal. I will also be taking any efforts needed to winterize the tree. (move the container to unheated garage in the container stage and once in ground, wrap it up during winter

So does anyone in new england (zones 5a-5b) have a fig tree? What variety would you suggest? I am looking at hardy chicago, celeste

If you have a great tasting/successful fig tree in this region, would you be able to share cuttings? Is that the best way to propagate a fig tree?

Starlight, it just so happens that I have been thinking about planting a fig tree for last couple of weeks. Since our zones are quite different, I decided to start a new thread
Yep, our zones are just a tad bit different. Glad you started a thread for the North too. Hopefully , lots of suggestions will be made for you and other folks in that zone.
Starlight is offline   Reply With Quote