Thread: Fellow Ohioians
View Single Post
Old June 29, 2015   #8
clkeiper
Tomatovillian™

We live close to Akron/ Canton area and I can tell you we have had at least 10 inches of rain here. On the weekend of fathers day we had over 6 inches from Sat afternoon to Sunday night.
The corn fields are yellow in some areas. Some soybeans are covered in mud from flooding. It depends on the lay of the field and how much drainage they have. The farmer across the road from us has a 1 acre area that has been flooded continuously this month and there is nothing left in the area of it. IF the county would actually clean the ditch along the road (instead of only 1/2 of it after the 6" weekend rain, of which we had 4 inches of that in 40 minutes) his field would look much different than it does. My husband is working on a motel job site in Medina and the OSB is starting to swell and it looks terrible. The rains just haven't let up. Almost every day it has rained some amount of precipitation. He hasn't worked to speak of in the last 10 days and the rest of the week doesn't look promising either. Now, my garden looks fabulous. I put ground cover down between the rows and the weeds have been kept at bay. The wind has been more annoying than any other year ever for me. I am constantly pegging it back down. Yesterday I was throwing shovel fulls of soil on it to keep it in place.