View Single Post
Old July 10, 2015   #87
b54red
Tomatovillian™

I don't know if that mix was strong enough or not. I'll let you figure that out. I always mix gallons.

Septoria does not react like Gray Mold or mildew to the bleach solution. The whole leaves will not shrivel up and die unless they are totally riddled with Septoria and then it might take several treatments. With Septoria I usually treat it two days in a row with the bleach and then follow up with a copper spray at the recommended dose. Septoria is one of the hardest diseases to get a handle on once it gets started especially if you are getting frequent rains.

When you spray with the bleach solution with Septoria you must spray the whole plant including tops and bottoms of leaves and the stems not just where you see the Septoria as it is already spreading where you don't see it. Then the next morning remove as many of the infected leaves and stems as possible. Then spray again that evening and the next morning or afternoon spray with the copper. If it is still spreading a few days later increase the strength of the bleach spray and repeat the process checking to make sure you aren't getting too much leaf burn.

Before I started using the bleach spray every few days during rainy weather I used to get Septoria much more often and much worse because there was just no fungicide that would stay on in heavy rains so the plants were more susceptible to all the foliage diseases. Another thing that helps is having the plants a little more open so they get better air flow and are easier to spray efficiently.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote