View Single Post
Old August 4, 2015   #11
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContainerTed View Post
Well, Durgan, I simply freeze fresh corn on the cob. Shuck it and vacuum freeze it. Take it out and boil it or whatever. Fresh corn on the cob. I took the time to look for ways to can corn juice, but found none that were recommended. Maybe I came to this point via a different path. I had never heard of corn juice. The closest thing to it might have been creamed corn which I think is terrible. However, I am always eager to learn. I can see the nutritional aspects of corn juice, but this ole' hillbilly needs something for the teeth to be chewing on. I want the kernels to get stuck in my teeth and I want the butter and salt to drip off my chin. I want feel like I'm consuming a line off the typewriter when I "mow down" a line of kernels. I can do that if I freeze corn.

But, each to his own. With all the juicing, you must be on a strict liquid diet. How about a big old steak with mushrooms and brown gravy? You know, mashed potatoes and green beans with cashews to chew on. A glass of wine, candlelight, and soft music. Whoops, I nodded off, there.

Just how do you can corn juice?
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote