View Single Post
Old August 5, 2015   #9
Tropicalgrower
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole_Robbie View Post
Thanks for that link Cole.I happen to have a friend in that area of Cal...although right now he in in Cancun.He might be able to help me there too,as he is an avid gardener,and I know that he uses some drip irrigation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigVanVader View Post
Just throwing this out there, and I don't know what is available to you in Asia but maybe soaker hoses would be a option until you figure out the drip? I find it very useful in certain applications.
I have actually thought of soaker hose.I also thought about doing garden hose cut and spliced into 5 or 6 hoses.that way I could run 5 or 6 hoses to water landscape plants.I have thought about that just to get me by till I figure something more permanent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luigiwu View Post
Where are you in southeast asia and what are you growing? I ask because I grew up in Indonesia.
I was just trying to find the DIG emitters that once upon a time could be taken apart to clean out. Alas, they current design does not seem to allow that anymore - not sure though but it does look like the same design as all the other manufacturers.
I'm in the Philippines.I am trying some container growing this year,but it will be a variation of the bio bucket.Tomatoes..peppers..etc.I really want to make my landscape watering easier tho.I have quite a few Guayabano trees...a pomegranate..and lots of basic landscape plants to keep watered.I am also along a good sized river that does flood occasionally during Typhoons.That water runs pretty fast,and I would sure hate to lose my irrigation that way.

Thanks everybody for the help.

Trop
Tropicalgrower is offline   Reply With Quote