View Single Post
Old August 12, 2015   #537
Tormato
Tomatovillian™

This person remembers the time when they could not afford to buy a lot of seed, so is also thanking us for sharing in the past.

The "rule" (as most who've been in the swap before know, there are no set rules) will be that anyone on a tight budget will get SunGold for free. My suggestion for others is a 1 dollar donation, all collections to be sent back to the donor. This will likely be for about 15 seeds, if there are approximately 100 swap participants, 2/3 of them would like SunGold, and they all would like ~15 seeds. But, there's no way of telling the demand at this point

Another suggestion is to maybe start on your paperwork for the swap. Most of you will likely be using a bubble mailer. For some out of country participants, I may use greeting cards and Forever Global stamps. But, that's details for another post.

On your paperwork, at the top please PRINT CLEARLY your mailing address, your Tomatoville username (for Private Mail use if it becomes necessary), and an email address (only if you think it will become necessary).

If requesting SunGold, please state how many seeds you'd like. If you only need about 5-7 seeds (SunGold generally has close to 100% germination) it means more participants can get seeds.

When I start the 2015 swap thread, I'll get to wish lists, send in lists, bonus non-tomato/peppers lists, etc...

Gary
Tormato is offline   Reply With Quote