View Single Post
Old August 13, 2015   #15
Tropicalgrower
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by elight View Post
The company that I have been using for a few years is Drip Depot. They have a really niec "Education" section on their website that explains the basics of setting up a drip system: https://www.dripdepot.com/education

There are lots of other online vendors that others have mentioned that offer very similar products. The important thing, in my opinion, is to find one with a good selection of products (and hopefully low shipping cost, good customer service, etc.), and stick with them, since as others mentioned not all fittings fit all tubing from one manufacturer to the next.

I also highly recommend splurging on the expensive fittings - the ones that screw tight and can be re-used (like Drip Depot's Perma-Loc system). They make much better, water-tight connections and you'll save money in the long run being able to re-use them.
That is good information elight.I never really considered that manufacturers would be allowed to design fittings and/or tubing that wasn't a standard size.That is just wrong in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4season View Post
One thing to be aware of if you cut a soaker hose is that it has variable porosity. I cut a 75 foot one in thirds for a 25 foot bed. One 25 foot length barely watered and one flowed freely, the middle length was just fine.
4season: I actually really considered soaker hose.I don't know why I didn't go ahead and buy 1 or 2.I wonder if this stuff is still on the shelves?I should maybe have the Sis pick me up a roll.It would fit a couple of areas I have really well if I could find a 25' roll.
Tropicalgrower is offline   Reply With Quote