View Single Post
Old August 26, 2015   #8
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueCT View Post
I have seen various posts about adding water, you shouldn't add water, tomato juice is better, it doesn't matter, etc, lol. When you say cover it do you mean with something air permeable like gauze or really cover it by putting the screw on cover back on it? I left it uncovered because I thought that was necessary for the bacteria required for fermentation to get in it.

I thought of another question, lol. I just picked 2 more ML tomatoes that will ripen inside over the next 2-3 days. Can I just keep adding to this jar, with the juice that is in there or should I start a new jar for each time? I might need to eat more Talenti Gelato before the end of the season. I hear the empty Fudge brownie and Double Dark Chocolate containers result in better fermentation of tomato seeds.
Yes, you can add on top for a while, but dont you have enough seeds from just the one estlers? That one gave me lots of seeds, probably about 200 or so from one fruit!
I like the way you think, so yes! Gelato and brownie containers absolutely do give better fermentation!! Uh huh!
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote