View Single Post
Old August 28, 2015   #65
efisakov
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachedwalrus View Post
Well my strategy of spraying with horticultural soap, neem oil and diatomaceous earth did not work. All three are completely ineffective against the mites. As a matter of fact i have sprayed with 3 types of soap 4 times in 4 days and still there are live mites running around. They just run over the food grade diatomaceous earth (Fine food grade) and continue breeding and attacking my plants. They are basically a nightmare as i have tried almost everything. (Soap, insecticidal soap, horticultural soap, neem oil, azamax, diatomaceous earth, sulfur). Nothing works and there is nothing really on the market here in Australia that targets them.

Also i think the diatomaceous earth dries out the leaves of the plant which kills them even faster. Not sure what to do now.
I mix soap with DE. If you spray too much soap it does dry leafs. The heavily infected leafs will dry anyways. Spraying from the bottom up is important.
If you use different types of insecticides, you should let each stay on the plant for at least couple of days. Not spraying everyday.

I noticed that surrounded area can be hosting mites too. It is important to spray it as well. They like to make webs in crocks or structures.
Good luck. Do not give up. It takes couple of weeks to see results. Give it few days and spray again.

God comes along and says, "I think I'm going to create THE tomato!”
efisakov is offline   Reply With Quote