View Single Post
Old August 31, 2015   #9
Fiishergurl
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevenson View Post
I have planted 3 Sun Gold for the past 4 years and they will be in my small raised garden again because they are delicious, prolific, and ripen early. I do not need 3 plants bur my neighbors and friends do. Of the 7 other varieties that I have planted, the one I am most impressed with is big beef. I only planted one this year as a trial but there will be at least 3 next year. I am so pleased with the taste and number of tomatoes. We had a hot and dry year in NW Montana which is good tomato weather if you are irrigating and feeding your plants but oh, the fire smoke. All my small garden did well except my onions and I think that is the source of the young plants.
Same here! Fortunately one of my neighbors that fell in love with Sungold is growing 6 plants for the fall... enough for everybody... :-)

I have started Big Beef seeds the last two growing seasons, but due to having to trim down which ones I planted out, I have never grown them out. I will have to make room for them, especially for my neighbors that only like red tomatoes. I've been wanting to try Big Beef forever.

Ginny in Florida
Fiishergurl is offline   Reply With Quote