Thread: Juices
View Single Post
Old September 6, 2015   #165
Durgan
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContainerTed View Post
I just went thru this thread re-reading. As I was doing so, an idea began forming and I thought I'd put it here to get Durgan's comments and possibly other folks experience/judgement.

Durgan is proof that almost anything can be juiced and preserved. Most of our kids today need to get the nutrition from more kinds of veggies. I think we can all agree that most kids need more of the good stuff. So, here's my idea and please comment on it.

What if we took some of these great flavor combinations and added them to things that kids eat - like rice and mashed potatoes. With some minor flavor tweaks according to the taste preferences in each household, we might get more brocolli and greens in those growing bodies.

Durgan has so many recipes that surely each family can find at least one or two to start with. With some kind of "mask" on what the kids are eating, they might buy in.

What do you folks think??? Anybody already try this approach??
Some of the juices are universally liked by most peole. Apple, pear, peach, grape, orange,plum,elderberry,currant,blueberry, gooseberry,blackberry,watermelon, muskmelon or probably most of the fruits.

Some of the most undesirable namely the typical garden vegetables are easily disguised using simply a small amount of fruit juice added to the drinking glass. This is my method.

Most of the mixtures are almost soup and can be incorporated with most soup broths. Anything to get it into little Johnny and Mary.

The beauty of the juicing method is almost anything can be readily utilized and stored for off season use. Texture is decided by the amount of water added to the cooking pot. I use no condiments, sugar or salt, but they could be easily added as desired.

Never could I eat so much plant food by any other method.

I might add these juices could be prepared in small quantities for current use by storing in the refrigerator. This effectively eliminates the canning step.

Last edited by Durgan; September 6, 2015 at 04:52 PM.
Durgan is offline   Reply With Quote