View Single Post
Old September 12, 2015   #140
Fiishergurl
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone9b View Post
700 Tomatoes! That perks my interest. Did you save seeds again and now have F3 or F4 seeds? Any guess what they were or maybe it is best not to guess. What was taste like and best for cooking, canning, fresh eating?
Larry
Hi Larry,

I saved tons of F3 seeds. I did grow out one F3 plant the fall after this plant grew but it was really wet fall season and i had a lot of other plants and just lost interest in it. The main thing this plant was good for was sharing tons of tomatoes with our neighbors who loved them. They were average on taste... The original tomato that the seed came from was a vine ripe hybrid from walmart that was sold on the vine and was a little smaller than a baseball.

I would be happy to send you some F3 seeds if you want to try it. Below are some more pictures but they just dont do it justice. It kep producing and producing. If you could see between all the leaves the tomatoes were really heavy in there and you can see all the one on the lower branches. It looked like a grape vine more than a tomato plant... lol.

Sorry, had some problems posting photos and deleted the sideways pictures.

Ginny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone9b View Post
700 Tomatoes! That perks my interest. Did you save seeds again and now have F3 or F4 seeds? Any guess what they were or maybe it is best not to guess. What was taste like and best for cooking, canning, fresh eating?
Larry

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Last edited by Fiishergurl; September 12, 2015 at 06:01 PM.
Fiishergurl is offline   Reply With Quote