View Single Post
Old September 17, 2015   #205
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb_FL View Post
Kay - your garden looks great! I agree Brandywine Dark Cherry does sound better.

On Tradewindsfruit where I got the seed, they call BDC/BCD "Cherry Tomato, Brandywine" and BPC (the pink variety), "Cherry Brandywine Tomato" - our naming convention is way better.

I hope you all like the tomatoes; I've never tasted a real Brandywine (other than a yellow one that I grew). You should get plenty from your plants.

I have a few BDC seedlings going also; mainly to test germination of what I sent out.

I also have Brandywine Pink Cherry seedlings and they are runts compared to BDC cherry. The BPC are potato leaf.

I too am excited for everyone's garden this year. It was tough looking at all those tomato pictures over the summer; but now our turn is coming.
Barb your seeds germinated really well, but I did have to wash the gel off fopr them to. Tradpewinds seeds had zero germination. They just got transplsnted to their own 3.5" pots. I am also growing BCP, it is a PL.
I agree that it was ard to see everyone's mouth wateringly beautiful pictures while all .i could see was Okra. I just cant wait until we get fruit in December.
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote