View Single Post
Old November 2, 2015   #39
Gerardo
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
Gerardo, when I see photos, like your son in the garden, news stories of kids learning about growing food, schools with gardens, educating kids on growing and eating good things, I always rejoice. I know it's "physician heal thyself"... Oops. And maybe, "Do what I say" and "Because I said so!" On the bright side, I get points for caring !
The goal is for him to eat better than I did. I figure if these tastes are imprinted on him early, and even though he's likely to reject them during his teenage years, they'll come back later with a vengeance.

As long as your trying to eat better, it'll help you when making those important small choices that add up, good or bad. Hot Pocket vs anything else, crinkly plastic vs peeling something, diet vs regular.

RE diet sodas. I think your body is better off with regular sugar (like the Mexican cokes with cane sugar) than aspartame. It wreaks havoc on your metabolic pathways, plus it tastes awful. That lingering after taste is worse than a shot of Southern Comfort.
Gerardo is offline   Reply With Quote