View Single Post
Old November 2, 2015   #23
Allisa
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post

Now I am confused.
Are you saying that these plants produced this from commercial seeds not ones you saved?

Worth
I wasn't clear enough. I've purchased Sakharnyi Pudovichok from Ukraine , which supposed to look like on Tatiana's site http://t.tatianastomatobase.com:88/w...nyi_Pudovichok

But instead I got some mystery yellow tomatoes (I planted only a couple of plants). They were completely yellow in the beggining of the season without any darker top, but toward the end of the season a few clusters began to develop different shade of darker tops, the more sunlight they got the "shoulders" looked more darker.

Mr. Stripey I got from a local nursery as a plant.

Chuchloma was from a very old commercial pack of 7 years old, which I got from Russia. Even though I grow it every year I didn't save the seeds from previous years. But I could tell the difference in the fruits even from the early season of this year.

Same happened to Orange Strawberry, which I've purchased back in 2012, Pink Honey (a commercial pack from Russia 7 years old), Pink Berkeley Tie-Dye, which I got a few years ago from Brad Gates site, and a number of other pink varieties.

Below, are more photos of the mystery yellow and Chuchloma. I did not make photos of others, but it was a similar story.

Maybe I'm wrong on this, because I've never done any intentional crosses myself and know almost nothing about crosses. But I noticed a big difference colorwise.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9125-1.jpg (320.9 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8732-2.jpg (346.2 KB, 90 views)

Last edited by Allisa; November 2, 2015 at 06:42 PM.
Allisa is offline   Reply With Quote