View Single Post
Old November 15, 2015   #31
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLJ_ View Post
Hopefully from MarinaRussian also, Carolyn, as those may be the 'heartiest' of the current population -- at least it would be good to compare them, as Marsha's seeds are first generation children of mine and it would be useful to include some that are at least a little bit less closely related, especially when they look so promising.

If you do have some of MarinaRussian's seeds, and have more than you need to set up your usual seed production, I'd like to put a few of hers next to the products of my seeds and Marsha's . . . but I only want them if you have enough that it wouldn't endanger your seed production needs.

If I happened to get anything interesting I'd share them with you, of course, but with the vole damage to tomatoes (and about everything else) this year, I'm feeling gloomily that I should quit gardening and just set up as a vacation location for miniature dachshunds to come and enjoy a gourmet selection of pesky rodents.

I do intend to persist with tomatoes, really . . . but I don't want anyone counting on me to produce any . . . those voles did unprecedented damage in spite of measures that have slowed them down in the past. I might have a new idea or two, but probably so do the vile voles . . . we shall see.
No, I don't currently have any ISH seeds from Marina, but the way we left it I was to contact her about seeds in general for growout next summer, so I'll try to estimate how many seeds I might need for two new volunteers fpr ISH as well as for you.

VILE VOLES indeed. Solution for me was a flat blade very sharp shovel.

Carolyn