View Single Post
Old November 22, 2015   #1501
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenbaas View Post
Kitty enjoying some heat from the light bulb.

Attachment 54602
That is a beautiful kitty mine would have eaten the tops off the plants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmanns View Post
My father used the professional model Skilsaws up until the 80's.

The first one he bought back in the 60's when he first began building, lasted until the late 70's, the one he bought to replace it only lasted a few years. Starting in the 80's the saw would build 1 large house, or 2 small houses before it quit.

In 1989 we started a rather large house with a brand new Skil professional. We got the subfloor down and the saw quit, dad went and got another just like it. We got the rafters up before that one quit. At that point I talked my dad into buying one of the newest saws on the shelves around here; a Makita. That was back when Makita saws were made in Japan, and the quality compared to the best of the older USA made tools. We still us Makita circular saws to this day, but they are made in China now.
Hellmanns I dont know for sure how old you are.
Do you remember the cheap Black and Decker saws they sold for 19.95 back in the 70's?
Everyone was snapping them up.
But even then 19.95 was a heck of a lot of money in the 70's.

As for Makitas they made good stuff.
Here is a little known fact about Japan.
Much of the stuff they sold that they shipped over seas was junk from some place else.
The stuff they sold in their country was made in their country and it was better.
Pentax cameras that were made in Japan had all metal bodies and they were sold in Japan.
Their exports were made in China or elsewhere and sold in the US.
They had no problem ripping off the rest of the world by doing this.
This is the old Pentax K 1000 the work horse of manual cameras.

Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote