View Single Post
Old December 4, 2015   #43
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Dog Dog.
Were I used to live there was an excessive amount of drug dealing and crime right in front of my house.
It was also a prime spot to dump animals like dogs and cats.
The dogs would pack up as dogs will do.
There was an old long haired stray hound dog people called Mama dog that ran around.
She could never be caught by the dog catcher who who was my friend and lived there and we called him Snake because he was skinny.
We tamed her and had her fixed and she lived under my tomato plants in a warren of tunnels she dug out.
She was a big dog.
The tomato plants were in containers on wood pallets to help keep the fire ants out.
Dog Dog was another stray but he didn't run with the pack he stayed at out house with Mama dog under the tomato plants.
Another female stray started following me around everywhere I went and the guys named her bullet head because she had a pointy head.
She was wild also and wouldn't let you pet her but she hung around and follow you.
We caught her and tamed her and she lived for 18 years with us.

Then there was Chad the lived with an elderly lady down the street he was a big chow dog of some sort and mean he would chase people as they went by.
They took the lady out of the old house because they were afraid she would fall through the floor.
They just abandoned the dog and left him there.
Thad came to my house to live and he took up with us.
Dog Dog would come to see me everyday I came home from work and he always followed us around.
But I could never catch him to pet him.
All of these dogs got along great and they protected the place..
No one ever attempted to come on my property to steal or do anything wrong.
But yet friends could come over the dogs knew who the good folks were.
Then the mean rooster we called Chicken and Rice that was an abandoned. Easter chicken we tamed that ran with the dogs and cats and would come to meet me every day after work with the dogs and cats.
That is the story of Dog Dog Mama Dog Bullet Head Chicken and Rice and Chad.
Four mean stray dogs and a mean rooster that came into our lives and protected us and lived under our tomato plants.

Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote