View Single Post
Old December 21, 2015   #3
green_go
Tomatovillian™

1. Revolution F1. I grew one plant last year out of curiosity - wow, I was very impressed with a plant loaded with huge bells. Never suspected I can grow sweet bells successfully in my Northern climate. I will plant at least a dozen next year.

2. Carmen F1 and Gypsy F1 - my "working horses", never disappoint me. Dozen of Carmen, half-dozen Gypsy next year.

3. From Non-hybrids: Doulce d' Espagna and Elephant Ears impressed me last year - they are coming back in bigger numbers.

4. For early crop: Tolli's Sweet was productive and early, though peppers were somewhat smallish. Will plant maybe 2-3 of them

5. Russian varieties: Bohatyr and Zolotoy Telets were good last year - growing them again, will plant more than last season. Adding Orangevoye Chudo for the first time - supposedly these are big orange bells for Northern climates - we will see.

6. Hot peppers: Crimson Hot and Long Red Cayenne were very productive - planting one of each,no need for others hots, two of these plants will satisfy all my needs of hot peppers

7. Shishiito - planting at least 4 of them. Tried for the first time past season, I just loved fried Shishiito, definitely need more!

8. Others: a few plants each: New Ace, Zolotoy Dozhd, Lipstick, King of the North, Novogogoshary

Last edited by green_go; December 21, 2015 at 10:14 AM.
green_go is offline   Reply With Quote