View Single Post
Old January 3, 2016   #71
Ambiorix
Tomatovillian™

J) Presentation of the tests of Ambiorix.

1) Introduction.

I have 40 years of culture of the tomato for amateur.
I have am a chemist having worked in the research in industrial chemistry.

I propose tests on my seeds since 2009 when I obtained seeds of OSU Blue and when I suggested testing seeds of my 100 blue tomatoes obtained on 3 plants.
By means of my testers, I followed the generations of several of my crossings and other crossings of the other people.

By working to several and by exchanging the results, we progressed well until 2015.
It is thanks to this team spirit that we discovered the consequences of the blue danger.
I have now at my disposal a large number of seeds which wait to be tested by numerous testers.

Each is capable of realizing these tests and to follow a general protocol for all the tests and a particular protocol for every test.
Every seed was sowed, every plant asks for a big attention during all its growth.

The only way to make me participate in the growth of every plant is to take photos at every stage.
I have a whole management system of these photos for every plant, every variety, every tester which allows me then to draw from conclusions according to my essays and to those of my testers.

It asks for a meticulous follow-up for each for every plant, you should choose while the quantity of plants that we are capable of following a whole season.
Every test bears a specific name according to the purpose to be obtained.

You can choose several different tests but you go to increase the amount of work to be made.
The purpose of any test is to collect ONE tomato which has specificities looked for this test and to recover ALL THE SEEDS of this tomato.
The seeds of every tomato receive a specific number which will correspond to all the photos taken for the seed, the plant and the tomato.

All the seeds with its specific number must be sent to me with all other seeds of the other tomatoes of the same test and the other tests for the end of 2016.
You cannot thus distribute seeds coming from my tests.

But if I choose that these seeds must be tested in 2017, you will receive seeds to realize this test.

If the test 2017 gives again a tomato in compliance with the criteria, you will become "a GUARD" of this variety and persons in charge of the tests 2018 of this variety.

My purpose is to have " CURATORS OF VARIETIES OF TOMATOES " in the world for varieties corresponding and exempt from blue genes and Blue Tomatoes very stable.

I try to obtain beautiful, delicious tomatoes, corresponding in certain criteria.
It will be necessary to follow carefully my instructions and you will then be rewarded for your efforts.

Thus here is the list of all the possible tests: of the simplest in the most complex.

Every test is accompanied with a list of seeds

2) The general conditions of the tests.

1 °) There are four categories of testers: ( several possible choices)

A) Outdoor
B) In tunnel (Give the number)
C) In greenhouse (Give the number)
D) Under shelter (Give the number)

2 °) There are four methods of protection of the flowers of tomatoes:

A) Protected flowers
B) Flowers protected in cluster
C) Flowers of the plant protected entirely
D) Flowers forbidden any insect in the shelter

3 °) There are three different situations:

0) Any blue tomato presents.
1) The present blue tomatoes are protected.
2) The present blue tomatoes are no protected.

4 °) It is necessary to realize a small plan of the situation of the places of the tests.
A) With the situation of the North
B) Indicate if the ground is flat or sloping
C) Indicate if plants receive the morning sun at the middle-day either in the evening or all day long.
D) Very important: indicate places in the shade or in twilight.

For example: the side is of my greenhouse receives very early the sunlight and the leaves of the blue varieties react more hardly to this phenomenon.

5 °) I have to know the conditions of temperatures, light received from the sowing and the place where it comes true.
Also for the place of transplanting for the young plants.

6 °) a ) photos must be rather close known subject photographed especially for cotyledons for example: details must be perceptible.
b) The subject does not have to be right in the sun: no reflection
c) The skin and the flesh of tomatoes must be very visible and the photo realized outside in the shade and not inside the house.

3) List of the photos to be realized for every sowing.

a) Every sowing receives a number of sowing:
1AB, 2AB, 3AB etc.
I attribute(award) two letters to every tester to symbolize him.

b) Labels are realized with the number of the sowing, the reference of the sowed seed, the exact name of the variety and the kind of leaves.
example:1AB 5860AB Shah Potatoes.

Every label is stuck on a jar of yoghurt having a hole in the center.
And a label will be installed at the place of plantation.
A seed and the only one will be sowed in this jar.
Every photo is always preceded by the photo of the label.
On every photo, there should be the date of the grip of the photo.

c) Photo 1: cotyledons
d) Photo 2: the bottom of cotyledons
e)Photo 3 and 4: the first leaves and the bottom of these.
f) Photo 5: the stalk of the plant
g) Photo 6: the plant ready
h) Photo 7: a leaf of the plant
i) Photo 8: not open button of flower
j) Photo 9: the well opened flower
k) Photo 10: sepals and young tomato
l) Photo 11: the not ripe tomato
m) Photo 12: the mature tomato on the plant
n) Photo 13: pressed on a balance
o) Photo 14: the tomato of face
p) Photo 15: the tomato of the top with peduncle and sepals
q) Photo 16: the tomato of the bottom with the navel
r) Photo 17: the tomato without (so necessary) skin
s) Photo 18: transversal section
t) Photo 19: longitudinal section
u) Photo 20: plant of several tomatoes
v) Photo 21: an specific leaf.

4) A) Test of conformity of white monochrome tomatoes.

A) A tomato will be in accordance if:
a) The color is white uniform pulling with a little at the yellow in the maturity.
b) She is not deformed
c) Her flowers were protected because she grew up near blue tomatoes.
d) she contains no other color on the skin and in the flesh. (In this case she will receive another name and will always owe given by tomatoes looking like this conformity)

B) List of the available seeds.
Each can study the conformity of its white variety which he cultivates every year.
If I receive the seeds of a white variety and photos, I could establish an electronic ID card of this variety and create a database of all the studied tomatoes.

5) A) Test of conformity of the other monochrome tomatoes.

The tests 2 - 8 are made in the same spirit as the test 1.

The test of conformity is also very important for the kind of leaves as for the color of skin and of some flesh.
All the tomatoes OP can give tomatoes with blue spots and will not thus be in accordance. But thanks to this character, they can be classified in another test in 2017.

B) Remarks:
Each can choose to realize a test of conformity for a monochrome variety of its choice.
I look for a way to compare tomatoes between them which is a little out of the ordinary.
I think of having found this way and I would at first want to establish a database of photos on several varieties.

I would also want to make sensitive most people possible for the observation of the growth of their plants of tomatoes.
Now thanks to our digital cameras, we are capable of crystallizing important moments of the life of a tomato since the seeding of seeds until the final cut of a tomato.

The comparison of its crucial moments can bring us to list them better and especially better to know the secrets of these varieties.
More and more varieties of tomatoes are especially created since the appearance of the blue color.
There are more and more different tomatoes which bear the same name, there are more and more tomatoes which are a like. Every creator has for example his favorite yellow tomato.

What I propose it is a technical means to quantify this color, it is a technical means to compare these tomatoes of the same color.
For that purpose, I need a certain quantity of photos, personal observations of the growth of this variety in different conditions. That's what I propose you at first for tomatoes of a single color to refine well the method.
Furthermore, this method of observation will allow us can be to know the indications of the presence of blue genes in these varieties if we have photos of the growth of a bad-mannered pure variety recessive blue.

This photographic observation can be made on little plant thus on little space: three seeds are sufficient (self-important) at first if we manage to obtain a corresponding tomato on a plant.
This work can be made at the same time on other more colored varieties which are going to follow.

6) Every test has a number.

You can already indicate me that it interests you in a personnel message.
Already give me the wanted information and especially the total number of plants which you can follow.
I propose 750 different seeds of blue or not blue tomatoes.
To reserve seeds, you can give also the numbers of REF. (example 2098AB)
You will receive 5 seeds of the same number to obtain at least 3 plants.
You can already choose the number (s) of tests for which you wish.
Then, there will be a file word with the number of available seeds for every reference number.
I always keep 10 seeds of every reference.
Thus, at the certain moment, certain references will be thus unavailable.
Seen the number of photos asked for every seed, every tester can receive that 25 seeds all in all distributed on several tests.
You will receive 5 seeds to make 3 tests. Thus (You have 2 seeds in reserve if a seed or the other one does not form).

Please indicate me if you want to obtain the list word, pdf or in Web reading at an e-mail address.

All the varieties will be grouped by test, by name of variety and by reference number to facilitate the choice.
I can also advise you certain varieties to make out a will if you give me the kinds of tomatoes which you prefer. (Color, shape, the height of the plant).
You will have surprises if you trust me.
You will always receive the photos of the tomatoes seeds of which you will test.
Most of the photos were published.
All the management system of the follow-up will be later explained.

Test in english.pdf

Last edited by Ambiorix; January 3, 2016 at 04:45 AM.
Ambiorix is offline   Reply With Quote