View Single Post
Old March 29, 2007   #5
obispo45
Tomatovillian™

Thats just one table of peppers I have going, others are a little younger and under fluorescents in the far bowels of my basement. Have about a dozen or so eggplant on the table too. I normally have roughly 60-75 growing in pots, mostly chiles and another 25 in the ground here at my house. Usually about 25 sweet pepper plants in the soil too.

I wind up selling some at a few local plant sales, give some to my gardening neighbors and trade seedlings with a local herb grower. Want to do some serious hot sauce making/experimenting this year so went a lil' heavier on the chiles.

Bulk of my peppers are planted, or will be anyways, over at my father-in-laws(3 miles away) where there is unlimited space for me to get in way over my head. Sold at the Farmer's Market, for the first time last year and had a good initial experience...few times couldn't even unload my truck to set up before I was "accosted"...mean that in a good way, by a chef or two. We have a better arrangement this year if all goes according to plan.

Need to start moving stuff around, tomatoes will start needing attention real soon.
obispo45 is offline   Reply With Quote