View Single Post
Old February 27, 2016   #41
TheUrbanFarmer
Tomatovillian™

Thanks, Bower. That helps to know! I have located all the relevant pictures for re-uploading. We'll see how much time I find to get that done today.

In the mean time, a quick update on 2016:

I did get 216 seeds planted yesterday. 8 of the 18 varieties I plan to offer and grow this coming season.

Planted so far:

Chocolate Cherry
Yellow Gooseberry
Break 'O Day
Solar Flare
Brimmer
Pineapple
Blue Boar Berries
Purple Bumblebee

I'm really excited for the line up this year. Spring really can't come fast enough. I would love if anyone has experience with any of these lines to share their thoughts and opinions.

I simply can't wait to sink my teeth into more Break 'O Day. If you are looking for that old, classic tomato flavor with a hint of sweetness, I strongly suggest you try them. I was really surprised how they made every grocery store tomato I've ever eaten instantly obsolete.

I'm really excited to try the Blue Boar Berries as well. I am expecting them to be a mini Blue Beauty in all reality. I found I really like the nuance of flavor the anthocyanin contributes to a tomato. It's different. Unique. Having that in a bite sized, take a bowl with me on the go cherry tomato, is exciting!
TheUrbanFarmer is offline   Reply With Quote