Thread: New Hoop House
View Single Post
Old February 28, 2016   #10
rhines81
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Doss View Post
Oh yes, ventilation will be covered. I scored some nice, big, storm windows with screens. One will be in the door I build, two will be in the opposite end wall.
Right now all the hoops are in place, and have 3 purlins running from end to end, all bolted together. I was just starting to attach the 2 by 6 skirt boards when my cordless drill died, so I am on here while battery is on charger.
Im using cheap 3mil plastic from Menards on it, it's what I have available for now. I honestly don't expect it to last for more than a year or so, by then I will order new greenhouse plastic.
Some reaction takes place between the plastic sheeting and the PVC, it causes the plastic to deteriorate, so, to avoid that, I bought several rolls of 3.5 inch Sill Seal foam. I will attach that to the hoops with zip ties before pulling plastic.
I wish I could take pictures of it to post on here, I am just a little too excited to be finally getting my hoop house
Sounds like you have a full-on project going on (PICTURES PLEASE). I am wanting to put something like that up but a lot of trees would have to lose their battle with man-nature to do that. Best of luck with this!
rhines81 is offline   Reply With Quote