View Single Post
Old March 2, 2016   #12
TexasTycoon
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerardo View Post
As RayR mentioned, you can dissolve it in water and apply it. Just make sure you put it through some cheesecloth or a sock or a coffee filter, otherwise it will clog up your sprayer. Very effective this way. If it rains you have to reapply.

BT works well on the guys you mentioned.

And Aphids, well, they're just awful. Neem/DE/soap/oil all can help control them, you just have to do it over and over. This might help:
http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/PESTNOTES/pn7404.html
Do I have to use a pump sprayer or would a spray bottle work fine? I have such a small area I don't even own a pump sprayer. I'm confused about mixing it with water, too. If it's ineffective once wet, wouldn't mixing it with water be ineffective as well? I saw a lady on YouTube spray the leaves with water and then use a duster to dust the leaves with DE, but it seemed messy to me.

I do use Bt in the form of mosquito dunks in my watering cans, that really helped me with fungus gnats last year but I can't remember if the aphids came before or after I started using it. I do remember insecticidal soap did nothing against those aphids once they took hold of my pepper plants. That's why I'm hoping using the DE before I even see anything will help keep them away altogether.
TexasTycoon is offline   Reply With Quote