View Single Post
Old March 17, 2016   #47
tash11
Tomatovillian™

I love pickled peperoncini's. I haven't figured out how to pickle them the way the commercial brands do though. I used to always claim the one that comes with papa johns pizza. mmmm

Another way to use peperoncinis (or any pickled peppers) is to dump them (juice and all) in a slow cooker over a couple lbs of beef, throw in a few garlic cloves, and let it cook all day. Then shred the meat and put it in a hoagie bun.

Another way to use a whole jar of pickled peppers is to dice your meat and brown it real quick in a pan, then add 1/2 to a 1 pint peppers (with juice, works better if it's pepper and onion mix a la ball). Cook it down a bit and serve over or mixed with rice. If you are using something really lean add some butter or oil.

And another one is to fry some diced potatoes just until browned and then glaze them with prepared mustard, set aside. Then brown some breakfast patty sausage and glaze with ketchup, make sure to break it up into sizes similar to the potatoes while cooking. Dump the pickled peppers in. Then mix it all in a casserole dish. Bake until bubbly. Great for make ahead.

I love to grow and pickle peppers. I have a TON so I have had to come up with new ways to use them. I also put them on sandwiches.
tash11 is offline   Reply With Quote