View Single Post
Old April 8, 2016   #7
MissS
Tomatovillian™

Sharon, thanks for the kind words. I am feeling pretty good.

I agree with Carolyn that this is a very good tomato that Bill has given us and deserves to be grown by more people. That is why I offered this tomato this year in the 2015 MMMM and in my seed offer here at T'ville. I sent out 72 packs of Daniel Burson seeds this year. I am quite happy that so many people now have these seeds. I consider it new because it is not well known and is not widely grown, yet. It is not available for purchase by any vendors.

In reading through threads that discuss 'Daniel Burson', I have noticed that there are a lot of conflicting reports. Some report this as a late tomato, others say mid-season. Some say prone to disease and others have no problems. Fruit size differs as well.

The purpose for this thread, as stated, is to see how this variety performs in different locations. Perhaps it is a late season in one place and a mid-season in another. Is it full of disease in hot or cold weather, or is it really no problems at all? This tomato has not been discussed much at all and I think that this thread will help people to define this tomato variety and then decide if they would or would not care to grow it.

After offering 72 packs of seeds to my fellow T'villian's, I would like to know how it performs for them.