View Single Post
Old April 10, 2016   #32
murihikukid
Tomatovillian™

Default The good the bad and the ugly?...

Hi MissS...I am back..Just some photos ....First the good ..Photo CC are the 5 laterals I was able to get April 6th and planted same day ..To my eye they are looking good after 5 days...no sign of withering...Photo AA ..I was unsure about keeping humidity in the chamber ..I wonder if you meant me to put a plastic over the whole incubator itself..I put a plastic cover over some other laterals for 3 days and I saw withering so I removed it ..they have since revived...Now to the bad and ugly....all three were planted on March 31st ...The Bad = Photo FF I think is a Tasty Tom and looked good but I see some lightness appearing on the leaves...i hope it shows in the photo....Now for the Ugly..Photo DD a tasty tom that has never taken off ????...and finally Photo EE ..the early Lateral found in my side room that grew great roots and clearly should have been planted then instead of being kept longer in a water/seasol mix as I think the stem may have rotted ....its extremely weak...

Looking at what has happened I question whether its wise to trim off basicly all the leaves like I did to Photo DD ...

Overall things are looking good.... The Laterals planted April 6th I presume will soon need some special treatment like a weak fertilizer....The nearby Gardening centre has a number of Growth and rooting homones so I should have bought one of them ..Of course its too late now but I wondered whether these will need a light copper spray at some stage ...just as a preventative measure....Now I have forgotten to mention that the laterals were put in two different soils....The march 31st were put in a Tomato Mix and the April 6th were put in the Black Magic soil which is more of a seed raising soil but in my opinion looking at results so far seems to be doing the job ...Regards Ron

PS..Just a small reminder I am from New Zealand ..still "down under" but as yet not a State of Australia...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AA.jpg (313.2 KB, 124 views)
File Type: jpg CC.jpg (270.7 KB, 124 views)
File Type: jpg DD.jpg (238.2 KB, 122 views)
File Type: jpg EE.jpg (569.4 KB, 124 views)
File Type: jpg FF.jpg (433.9 KB, 123 views)

Last edited by murihikukid; April 10, 2016 at 11:33 PM.
murihikukid is offline   Reply With Quote