View Single Post
Old April 12, 2016   #12
murihikukid
Tomatovillian™

Hi ..Great Response .Exactly what I need to bring me down to earth again .....I have tried to read and understand many articles on greenhouse lighting , it seemed that general opinion was LED was the way to go...Is a question of cost and availability as far as Metal Halide and High Pressure Sodium lights.

I did find two Power Supply Units on an HP server ...Rated at 47A each...I never considered that running 12V lights would use a lot more power than normal 240v CFL lights and that there would be a safety issue ...Due to the extraordinary freight cost North America is ruled out for me as a supplier so that leaves Asia via Ebay...

I do have 9 x 5 foot LED Floro tubes and wonder how these would go .....Rest assured I am reading all the responses and taking everything on board ...I actually grow my cuttings inside in an old freezer stripped of the motor etc inside my front room?? ..Its stainless lined so reflects the light.....I have Ceramic head bulbs under the trays and eight floro tubes overhead but they are T 8's ...I think T5's require another holder.....Thankyou Ron
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2108.jpg (329.2 KB, 240 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1924.jpg (246.3 KB, 239 views)

Last edited by murihikukid; April 12, 2016 at 09:11 PM.
murihikukid is offline   Reply With Quote