View Single Post
Old April 21, 2016   #159
dmforcier
Tomatovillian™

Up here on the plains the municipal water perks through the underlying limestone. Clay will be acidic. pH in Georgia clay was at least that low; I seem to remember a few spots in the 4s. I didn't read the municipal water there but underlying formations are igneous, which apparently implies a lower pH.

Now, the Austin Metroplex is in hill country and it would be interesting to see what their water perks though.

Best source of data on water that I've found is on beer brewing forums. Those guys take their water very seriously.

Kelly, was there a problem with the electrical system before the accident? If not then you should talk to the insurance rep. The best way I've found to get them to budge is to simply not accept the settlement. They hate it when you drag it out. 'Course, in the meantime you're without your car. But they should be springing for a rental anyway. Yes?

Oh, and one thing they won't suggest to you but might work is to get a "hard estimate". If you can find a shop that will fix it for a guaranteed maximum, they will often pay more than they are offering now. Something about "discovered damage".

Last edited by dmforcier; April 21, 2016 at 04:59 PM.
dmforcier is offline   Reply With Quote