View Single Post
Old April 24, 2016   #15
MrSalvage
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureHarvest View Post
See if they have espoma products.
Plant tone or tree tone would do but take note of and use the directions on the tomato tone or garden tone. They are good because they have more than just N P and K.
You Will have to buy a couple of the big bags and use it through the season.
From the label for garden tone
When preparing gardens for vegetables or tomatoes apply 3.5 lbs. of Garden-tone per 50 square feet and work into the top 4 to 5 inches of soil. When possible, organic matter such as compost, humus, or peat moss should be mixed into the top 4 to 5 inches of soil.

- Feed seedlings and transplants one week to 10 days after planting.
- Single plants: Sprinkle 1/3 cup per plant.
- Rows: Sprinkle 1-1/3 cup each side per 5 ft. of row or 10 lbs. each side per 100 ft. of row.
Methods and Frequency
- Apply in a single band around single plants.
- Feed alongside of row. Keep 3 inches from stem. - Feed monthly throughout the growing season.
- Always water thoroughly after feeding.
Yep they had espoma at $10.00 for a bag of 8lbs. I would have needed 7 bags to start with. If my math is correct and i just didn't have that kind of cabbage to throw at this hobby this weekend. So I will go back to your original plan based on lack of funds.

The lime was a bust because all were Dolomitic so I just left them alone as well. I did buy two different non mechanical sprinklers for a song and able to do 900 sqft each. I am on a well with a spring running through so water is not an issue. I will just water in the Lime I all ready have.

I did buy some Alaska Fish Food and i have one of the big boxes of Miracle Grow.

Now that I have all of that 50ft tree cleaned up. I have one more 50 footer I am going to knock down today. At least this one doesn't have 35 years worth of poison ivy in it.

My lord what a mess that was... Hopefully I will get to the lime after I get the top half of this new tree out of my garden!

Thank you again. Your advise has been spot on. I wished i could have pulled the trigger on the Espoma but it just wasn't in the cards.

Bill
MrSalvage is offline   Reply With Quote