View Single Post
Old April 27, 2016   #65
PureHarvest
Tomatovillian™

So, sitting here on a rainy day and recovering from hernia surgery. I was able to plant about 25% of my bags on Monday. They were already lined out so I did not have to do any lifting.
It was 78 that day, 85 yesterday, so of course today is 52. And the highest the next 5 days is 65 with some 40s at night.
Oh well, no frost at least and the bags are warmer than the soil at this point.
Probably will plant the rest over the course of the week. No point in letting them sit in 3.5" pots even though they are not root bound.

A VIEW OF SOME DWARFS
IMG_1196.JPG

FULL SIZE INDETERMINATES. The taller plant at the bottom of this pic is my Big Zac that I am growing for biggest tomato. It has one fused flower at the top of the plant. It is my only BZ. I had 6 in my tray and marked in my notes. Not sure what happened during transplant a few weeks ago, because I don't have any in my tray now. Not sure what I did. This plant was from an earlier sowing than my main crop. It doesn't have a lot of growth for having a bloom on top, so I wil let some laterals grow out and probably root some to get more to play with.
IMG_1200.JPG

DARK QUEEN (2 plants in one bag, lateral branches removed). Started these really early and grew a month under my HPS light to be able to have something to taste in May. Loading up with fruit and more flowers now. Got a handful of marble and pea-sized fruit now.
I notice that this variety stays a shade lighter green than all my other varieties. Even in my seedling trays. Same fert and soil as everyone else.
IMG_1197.JPG

SWEET SCARLET DWARF (2 plants in one bag). Little bit of sunburn on lower leaves. Did not ease them from indoors to outdoors. Bottom leaves scorched a bit, but new growth is top notch. Lots of fruit setting. Handfull of marble to Ping-Pong ball sized on both plants.
IMG_1198.JPG

WILD FRED DWARF. Just planted. About 6.5 weeks old, as are all of the plants going into my bags this week.
IMG_1199.JPG

BLACK BEAUTY FRUIT shady side. Starting to darken up. My 10 year old son took this. He was excited to see fruit finally. Been trying to involve him and recruit him to help with production this summer. This helped get his imagination going again on dad's big experiment.
IMG_1204.JPG

BLACK BEAUTY FRUIT from the other side that gets direct sun. Much darker. Another one of my early indoor starts. Shares a bag with Sweet scarlet Dwarf. Taking off laterals on the BB.
IMG_1205.JPG

Last edited by PureHarvest; April 27, 2016 at 04:36 PM.
PureHarvest is offline   Reply With Quote