View Single Post
Old April 27, 2016   #67
PureHarvest
Tomatovillian™

Thanks G, mine took awhile too. I sowed this back in Feb, so it's been a long time coming it seems.

Open is good, but hopefully the wind doesn't drive the rain in the open ends and defeat my disease prevention strategy. At least the top is covered. And the film is weathered enough that I don't think I will have scald issues and forgo a shade cloth. We'll see.

Next year I'm hoping to put up another and larger tunnel. This time I will most likely put on the end walls and install some large vents towards the eaves. Also will probably do the automated roll up sides. If nothing else, I'd get a touch of an earlier start, plus block some of the early wind like we got yesterday. 85 degrees with a 25 mph steady wind with gusts higher.
Some of my new planted maters had a few wind burned leaves here and there, but nothing that will hurt. But I took note.
I cut off the sides on this one, because they were sliced up (overwintered chickens in it one year and did not put wire to keep them off plastic.), and I don't have the time to mess with the up and down routine manually while I am working full-time
PureHarvest is offline   Reply With Quote