Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old chef View Post
Worth
While you May want a commercial look
Do not buy a commercial stove they have pilots to go out all the time

Old chef

Don't worry I wont, those things could put a propane tank on vacuum in no time.

I was also looking at reviews last night and some of the regular stoves were performing better than the high end stuff that cost thousands of dollar more.

The Hallman I am looking at looks like a really good stove with no fancy bells and whistles.

One thing I am finding really funny is when I am looking at a forum and people are complaining about the simmer burners being too hot.

These people really dont realize they can turn the burners down, they think it only runs on high.
Honest they do.
One guy was helping another lady and this is his almost exact words.

"Here is a trick I learned, After you light the burner you can turn it back down and the flame gets lower, this has worked out great for me.
I mean this guy wasn't being a smart %^&$ he was serious.

Other problems are just adjustment problems that should have been done by the installer.
If they had an installer.
Fine tuning so to speak.
A gas stove shouldn't be smoking up the house.

A BTU is a BTU it doesn't matter what stove it is on the rest is mostly cosmetic.

What I want is one that doesn't have electronics that can go out.
It needs to be 36 inches with at least 5 to 6 burners.
The dials need to be up front not in the back like mine are.
I cant put a kettle in the back and mess with the burners without getting burned.
Plus the back control panel acts as a back splash collecting grease and everything.
Who on earth came up with this idea?
Why would you make something you would have to reach across and around hot kettles and fire to adjust?
Why is one of the two high output elements in the back where I cant use it for big kettles

Essentially what I have is a 2 burner stove with two worthless burners in the back.
The other deal is the amount of power.
The big elements put out 2000 watts that converts to 6424 BTU's
The little ones are 1500, at 5118 BTU's.

No wonder it takes so long to heat up water and it wont boil water in some kettles like a granite water bath canner.

The other thing my stove has 5.0 cubic feet of oven space more than big enough for a turkey but nothing else.
So I have to ask myself how many cubic feet do I need for a turkey?
The ranges with the dials up front have less cubic feet of oven space sometimes.

Sounds like I am going over board looking at what I have why I dont like it and what I can get that I can be happy with.
I really want two ovens.
All of my life I have wanted two ovens.

I hope you guys are getting a kick out of this.

Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote