View Single Post
Old June 2, 2016   #88
clkeiper
Tomatovillian™

"Why would you make something you would have to reach across and around hot kettles and fire to adjust?
Why is one of the two high output elements in the back where I cant use it for big kettles"

"All of my life I have wanted two ovens."

Amen and Amen! My stove in the basement that I use for canning was basically fre so I wont complain about the cost... new or not... this is the worst place to put the controls. BEHIND the cooking area. For canning this is awful. I plan to eventually change that stove, but while I have it it is not the safest place. Next to that kind of shoved in the corner is the breaker box. You can't get to that either without being in danger if you need to turn off the power completely.. not real well thought out. My fault, I guess I didn't know I would want a canning kitchen in that corner when we built the addition...

When we remodeled I was going to get a double wall oven until I saw the cost of them and realized if something happened to one I had none to bake with. So I bought two slide in glass top ranges for all my baking and cooking upstairs.

In case you are interested in the range hood from home depot... I was there when we were in the beginning of the remodeling project... NO ONE even asked if we needed help of any kind. They acted as if we weren't there. . I was worried that I would get the same kind of service if we needed something after we bought any appliances, too, so I wrote them off my list.

Last edited by clkeiper; June 2, 2016 at 08:22 PM.
clkeiper is offline   Reply With Quote