View Single Post
Old June 4, 2016   #11
schill93
Tomatovillian™

Ginger, my sister lives in Jupiter on an acre about an hour and a half north of you.
She tried a garden in the ground a few years ago, but had problems with disease and small animals stealing what she did have.

She has a large screened in pool area, so I thought she might have better luck with Earthboxes in the screened in pool area. I had three Earthboxes sent to her for Christmas. However, she hasn't used them yet. I'd like to recommend some tomato plants for her to try, and would like her to have success with them so she will be encouraged to try again.

In your climate, which tomato variety would you recommend she try that nursery's might carry. She obviously isn't into seed starting at this juncture. But if she has some success with it, she may well venture there. Also, in Florida, what month do you feel is best to start plant out? I would think September might work as well or February, but you know better than I.

JR, I just hope these still work. I wonder if they could handle a small dwarf fruit tree. I don't think they're big enough for that, but don't know much about dwarf fruit trees and how small they stay. I also thought the white ones would be pretty for some large flowering plants.

Last edited by schill93; June 4, 2016 at 02:45 PM.
schill93 is offline   Reply With Quote