View Single Post
Old June 7, 2016   #8
murihikukid
Tomatovillian™

Yes thousands of miles if they came from Tahiti ...I do not think the maori people came from the Cook Islands ....I think they sailed right past those islands and then they saw the long white cloud on the horizon that indicated to them there was land under these..once landed they proceded to eat the true indiginous people ..Fascinating..We will never know..

Anyway I have a snag in my plans ...Apparantly warming cables should be surrounded by sand and seeing sand does not stand uphill I could have a problem...in my mind the sand has to be porous enough to hold water in it or else i will not get conduction from the warming cable via the sand to the soil and I do not know if a binding agent would stop this ... I am not quite sure where to go next ...If i knew the sand would hold its position I could put a sleeve in the drum so as I could pack sand round the warming cable and then pull the soil in and then pull out the sleeve OR if I could think of a material I could use as a sleeve that absorbs water and leave it in the drum ......I wonder if any forum could advise on this?
I actually think there may be a porous gardening material that one could wrap round the outside of the sleeve and would hold the sand round the warming cable after the sleeve is pulled out....Anyway I have to see the electrician tomorrow and discuss the warming cables with him...

Thanks...

Last edited by murihikukid; June 7, 2016 at 07:43 AM.
murihikukid is offline   Reply With Quote