View Single Post
Old June 7, 2016   #11
murihikukid
Tomatovillian™

Apparantly warmer cable should not be put in soil ....The suppliers say it should be encapsulated for want of a better word in sand ....Its a minefield...and "do not cut the cable"...Well I do not understand that ....they sell thousands of metres of this cable...??It must be able to be cut and spliced....thank goodness I found those videos on You tube.....Later today after a trip to the doctors I have to cut the 440MM holes in the cover for the drums to slip through onto the rails....So I have to ensure I get this done very accurately so I have a cardboard template cut for guidance..Then I can put up a photo...with the cover on top..

I am going to look very stupid if a couple of heat bulbs or a sealed oil heater underneath the rails in the freezer heat the soil up to 70 degrees F simply by air temperature ..but I would be extremely happy if they did...

It seems that I can drill 3 holes in the plastic rim of each drum at 120 degrees apart and simply put a 6 foot bamboo pole in each hole and tie them at the top with a centre pole for a Teepee frame to support dare I say all the tomatoes...each plant...

I have made a document for the electrician to read ..photos etc and what i want to do ..so I am hoping he cannot find any problems.....

Yes there was white frost and ice this morning when I went outside ....Cheers Ron

Last edited by murihikukid; June 7, 2016 at 11:30 AM.
murihikukid is offline   Reply With Quote