View Single Post
Old June 29, 2016   #48
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnniemar View Post
I have 5 indian stripe potato leaf plants, 4 of them have died from what looks like bacterial wilt. I also have 8 Indian stripe regular leaf plants that are healthy. Seems to me that the ispl plant is prone to this wilting disease. I plan to not grow this potato leaf version of Indian stripe next season. Will double up on Isrl.
I am the source for IS RL

http://tatianastomatobase.com/wiki/Indian_Stripe

Tania doesn't list ISPL and without doing a search I can't remember who sent it to me.

Many many folks have grown both the RL and PL versions in the same season, I've offered both in many seed offers here and seen no difference between the two other than leaf form.That in a Fall feedback thread I put up each year.

From the accmulated data since about 2003 when I first SSE listed them I've seen no evidence at all that one or the other is susceptible to any kind of wilt diseases .

Actually IS is a so called version,as I describe it, of Cherokee Purple and as with CP there are both RL and PL versions,heart forms as well, and no one has seen any differences between the RL and PL versions of CP either.

There are many many threads here at TV about all of this for those who might want to do a search.

Sadly,right now I don't have time to do it.

I hope the above has helped,

Carolyn