View Single Post
Old July 1, 2016   #209
Gerardo
Tomatovillian™

Nan bread from Indian cuisine is also very good, on equal footing with our flour creations. Their samosas can hold their own vs. our empanadas . Their curries and vindaloos are equal to our moles and barbacoas/cochinita pibil.

As a matter of fact, I'm gonna go to my favorite frituras joint. Aptly named, El Sinaloense. They sell tostadas/tacos dorados (beef/chix/chorizo/potato), tamales, pozole, caldo de res, enchiladas, all done Sinaloa style, which means spicy and with an 8 oz cup of piping hot consomé, poured on top.

So the order is: fried maize receptacle, beans, flesh, finely diced mix of cabbage and lettuce, lemon infused red onion slices, sliced avocado and cucumber, julienned carrots, "media crema" which is NOT sour cream. You then pour the piping hot bouillabaisse-type liquid, you top it with a few drops of hot sauce and then a couple of drops of freshly squeezed Mexican lime.

Rolled tacos with guac are just depressing when I'm in the US.

EDIT: Meal consisted of Sope de Pollo, Taco de Papa, Tostada de Pollo, Frijoles Rancheros. Agua de Cebada (barley).

Last edited by Gerardo; July 2, 2016 at 12:32 AM.
Gerardo is offline   Reply With Quote