View Single Post
Old July 4, 2016   #2016
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by bower View Post
Can't wait to see what you do with this setup!
Worth, I have a couple of those bench blocks but didn't see a manufacturers mark on it. My first anvil came from Canadian Tire it is made from the soft metal that the Chinese use for their axes. shown below with the hammer in the vise. I am not a machinist and could never make the things you do. But I have uses for both rough and smooth surfaces, the pitted old hammer in the vise has a nice texture effect, but you have to have a polished surface to make something smooth and bright. Twilight is deceptive - nothing is that perfect but time of day my excuse for looking better than fact. The hammer is a cheap Mastercraft from Canadian Tire but my favourite out of the bag of hammers I own and use for one thing or another. Better quality than I expected.

Bower I dont see a place to buy them but here is a supplier that sells good stuff.
One thing you need is a chasers hammer and I will tell you how to use it if you don't know how already.
Here is a link to a good anvil at least I think it is.
http://www.grobetusa.com/anvil-horn-...tem-no-12-305/

Then when you get to this site look up chasers hammer in search.

The last time I used a pin router was years ago in the 80s.
The thing cost thousands of dollars back then.
No one in the shop but the owner and myself had the imagination to know what to do with it.
People would just walk by and look at it.
This looks a lot like it the table goes up and down and tilts.
The spindle goes up and down and different sized pins go in the middle.

You can mount an X-Y table and or a rotary table in it.

It is the milling machine of wood working.

Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote