View Single Post
Old July 12, 2016   #8
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz77 View Post
Dear tomato friends,
thank you for your advices. While waiting for Carolyn’s full reply (and considering the problems you’ve had with your DSL, I really thank you in advance for you effort), I must say that the whole thing sounds complicated and in a way risky. I really don’t want to get in trouble with the American, Canadian or Italian customs and like I said, it wouldn’t be worth paying hundreds of dollars for phytosanitary certificates and/or custom duties for 6-7 packs of (precious) seeds.
Of course, as suggested by JLJ, I could try to write an e-mail to the seller in order to explain that I only want a small quantity of seeds and to get written assurance that I won’t be charged with permit costs, certificates expenses etc.. I’ll think about it and I will read carefully the above linked threads. While I do that, I hope Carolyn will have better news for me.
It sounds like I will have to stick with the two Italian websites I found and with their limited selection of heirloom tomatoes.
Fritz,I do have much better news for you,but today is waiting for a visit from a Verizon tech since the problems with my DSL line have not held,so I'll do it when I can,hopefully so I don't lose it again.

I could do it in an e-mail I send to myself and then cut and paste,but I'm going to wait.

Carolyn