View Single Post
Old July 15, 2016   #6
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissS View Post
I feel for you Salt... I really do. You and your Mrs. have worked very hard over the past year to build some amazing gardens and now you have to deal with this........ I read your other thread and am a bit speechless. I can not offer any advise because it is something that I have never dealt with but I sure do wish you the best of luck and hope that you find a way to combat this.
Patti, at first, it was irritating and upsetting to find out we have this RKN problem in our main garden. At the same time, I was glad to find out what is going on.

Now, I see the RKN problem as something different. I'm actually excited to battle these microscopic nuisances. I started gardening to learn and to keep myself busy. The RKN will be a busy learning experience.

I've been looking at other areas to grow in and planted in one of the areas. There are RKN in that area as well. Winter Squash and Melons wilt during direct sun and rebound overnight. They are producing though.

We have large raised beds that show no signs of RKN. They're around 90' away from the main garden. We will plant tomatoes in the raised beds. Use tools in those beds that do not get used anywhere else.
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote