View Single Post
Old July 23, 2016   #10
OmahaJB
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
Glad you finally got to taste one. Hummm not so much of a giant was it. I wonder if thinning really has much impact in growing bigger bells. Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought especially bells only produced so many fruits per plant and that a low number and if you thin, you may not have any fruits. I've grown bells before like Keystone Giant and don't think they even got as large as your Chinese Giant.

I've grown several types of sweets and had no problem with them. There is just something about bells. Like there is some sort of secret procedure to get them to grow and produce.
Yes, it was a small one, the others on the same plant are even smaller and a couple are turning red so they wont be getting bigger either. From what I understand with containers I'll need to focus more on fertilizing than I have been.

I'm also growing Yellow Monster, but it's more of a pipsqueak, not sure how big it'll get. Another one needing more fertilizer. Learning as I go. I used slow release fertilizer but it must have been used up by the time the peppers and tomatoes started growing.
OmahaJB is offline   Reply With Quote