View Single Post
Old July 26, 2016   #9
WilburMartin
Tomatovillian™

I have two hybrid determinate bush in containers (Patio (lame plastic ~4 gallon container) and Better Bush (Sharing an 18 gallon Sterilite container with a serrano pepper)) that look great- the Patio has produced about 5 tasty 4-6oz tomatoes. The Patio had two branches, the main one got annihilated in a rain storm - the plant quickly grew two more main stems, and the surviving droopy stem produced 5 I have eaten. The droop grew about 8 more that I picked while green to pickle, and then I cut it away. The two remaining stems are bloom laden, with one tomato growing at the moment. My indeterminate hybrid Creole has given me about 24 2-4oz. tomatoes so far, with another 10 on the vine at the moment.

I have 3 Burpee Pink Brandywine I grew from seed - 2 of which are in 5 gallon construction buckets. Both have bloomed like mad - and finally I have a set fruit on one (excited). I have 3 Burpee Mortage Lifter plants I grew from seed also in 5 gallon buckets, which are blooming like mad - no fruit set, though. I am eagerly awaiting.

I have 2 Pink Berkeley Tie Dye in a Sterlite 18 gallon container - they are looking great, but are only about 1 foot tall. Similarly, I have a Sweet Carneros Pink that is about 18" in a Sterlite 18 gallon container - its container mate got smashed by a neighborhood cat.

So, after all that narrative, I have both determinate and indeterminate tomatoes in containers - I am hoping that I have tomatoes running out of my ears in about a month and a half.