View Single Post
Old August 16, 2016   #17
StrongPlant
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by b54red View Post
You should be able to get food grade diatomaceous earth online if no one has it locally. I use a mix of 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup food grade DE mixed in a separate container with water and strained into my sprayer. I then add 2 TBS of Dawn per gallon of water along with the pesticide Permethrin. This mix without the Permethrin should help you a lot. The Permethrin is a mild poison used on dogs for fleas with a short almost non-existent wait time to harvest. The Permethrin like Pyrethrin is a quick contact killer used to eliminate many of the adults so they don't continue laying eggs. This has been the most effective means of slowing or stopping mites that I have found in over 40 years of gardening.

Good luck finding some DE and from the looks of those plants you need to do something soon.

Bill
Hey I managed to find permethrin.99% of the plants are dead anyway but I wanted to save a couple of them for some end-season crossings.I already sprayed the plants but because it's quite expensive here I'd like to mix only as much as is necessary.So I guess the quiestion is what's the minimum concentration of permethrine to be effective? How much do you use?
StrongPlant is offline   Reply With Quote