View Single Post
Old October 14, 2016   #100
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by korney19 View Post
How did anybody get the idea that Ribera was a beefsteak? And what's the secrecy surrounding the large butt-cheeked one the old man is carrying? Is someone trying to get first dibs on it or exclusivity?
Mark,you are getting on my second to last nerve as you did back when you were driving Chuck Wyatt crazy with question after question,never letting up.He couldn't handle it and what did he do Without telling me....he told you to contact me with your questions, and that didn't last very long as you might remember.

As you posted above,this is NOT the question of the Year, I did go back and see what Ilex wrote to me.

Again, it was called a beefsteak, as you asked above, simply b/c one could see that by just looking at the picture.

But neither of the ones the old man was growing were actually Ribera as it turns out.What helped a lot was one of my seed producers getting back to me and describing that the fruits she got were in clusters,the size of red golfballs,only two locules and a small nipple. No beefsteak shaped at all.

The one on the left is probably 100 en ramo/pom, Ilex doesn't know what the one on the right is,but is in contact with the old man and hopefully will find out.

No,I do not have seeds for en ramo, but hope to have them eventually.What seeds I have are for the golfball 2 locule one.

you wrote

(And what's the secrecy surrounding the large butt-cheeked one the old man is carrying? Is someone trying to get first dibs on it or exclusivity?)

This upsets me greatly. Ilex lists now close to 100 varieties in the SSE Yearbooks,no secrecy at all. No first dibs,no nada. Other SSE members,listed or not, have also been requesting seeds from him as well.

For me this all started when in a long thread where Vladimir and Ilex and others were showing pictures,etc,I posted that I just found in my SSE Yearbook that someone from Spain was selling seeds of Spanish varieties.

Ilex then posted and said,that's me,and honestly I couldn't stop laughing as in .

Carolyn