View Single Post
Old November 24, 2016   #100
tash11
Tomatovillian™

My oldest dug up and brought in my Bolivian rainbow and my Tabasco this year. The Bolvian rainbow I had already gotten plenty of seed from and since it's not really good for eating I didn't care about saving it, but she liked them. The Tobasco I hadn't yet gotten seed from so I wanted to save it and try to get some seed. She dug them both up though and put them in large pots. Then left them out in the cold with no water for two days. IDK why. She's 10. But then they got moved into the house. And started dropping leaves like crazy. I told her if she wanted to save the rainbow she needed to trim it. She didn't care anymore so I put it back outside. The Tobasco didn't have as many leaves, and I wanted to save it so I was more willing to pick up after it. It lost it's flowers, and leaves, but the peppers are ripening and it doesn't seem dead. I will keep it by the window and see if it stays alive this winter. I think I will also let her start any pepper she wants in a pot as soon as my trades all come in. I think she will pick either an ornamental or a superhot.

If the Tabasco looks good next august I think I will enter it in the fair under the 'unusual houseplant' category.
Save
tash11 is offline   Reply With Quote